"Malbec International Competition" - Insider News wine articles
Helping wine businesses to stay current on the international wine market, The Insider News ' wine articles feature key information and events about the world wine industry.
Organised in compliance with OIV (Organisation Internationale de la Vigne et du Vin) standards, the « MALBEC INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION » saw 15 wine tasters gather. They came to select the best wines among 88 samples from 7 countries (Argentina, Austria, Australia, Chile, Spain, France and South Africa).
30,68 % of the wines were awarded a medal. 11 won a Grand Malbec gold medal and 16 won a Grand Malbec silver medal.
Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere Special Prizes
A special jury met to award 2 SPECIAL PRIZES to the sample that obtained the best mark in each hemisphere during a second tasting ceremony of the wines which were awarded a Grand Malbec gold medal.
The Special Prize winners are :
Northern Hemisphere Special Prize : FRANCE: AZEMAR - CAHORS- 2009 - UN JOUR SUR TERRE
Southern Hemisphere Special Prize : ARGENTINA: FINCA LAS MORAS - SAN JUAN - 2009 MORA NEGRA
The Special Prizes award ceremony took place at Vinexpo Asia-Pacific, Hong Kong on 29 May 2012.
See the entire list of award winners on www.malbeccompetition.com
- GWS: Thought Leaders in the Wine Industry
- Vinexpo: Of Course GWS Will Be There!
- Global Wine & Spirits Partners with the London International Wine Fair
- TRADE SHOWS AND WINE FESTIVALS IN CHINA: TIPS FOR MAKING THESE EVENTS PROFITABLE
- Challenge International du Vin - Discovering new Talent !
- CONQUERING CHINA'S WINE MARKET: OUR PRODUCERS TESTIFY